I thought I'd copied and transferred all the video's, tv shows, and various downloads from my laptop back at home to my DELL, which is the laptop I brought here.
Turns out I haven't it.
All I have is Season one of FGSN. Which should mean no distractions and allow me to sub...but...
I had also intended to watch five other tv series' that I've been meaning to watch back at home. Thinking I had no wi-fi to distract me it would have been a good opportunity....
Noooooo....
Oh I found some random movies I'd downloaded like, (cough) The Vow...., Synecdoche New York, and I am number four....great. I also have a couple Richard Dawkins doco's..but I kind of wanted to watch Turkish tv shows, whilst in Turkey.
But I guess I've been watching Turkish tv shows for the past two years, I can give it a break here.
I really should be editing the subs for FGSN.
Claire I hope to have the first 10 episodes ready for you by November. I know I've been saying that for two years or so now....but I swear this time I almost mean it.
Meanwhile as for what I've been doing during the day....nothing much. Grandma has cat's but I don't think she knows it yet;-) There are 13 regular cats that wait by the house door, and don't leave the yard. They're technically all strays, but we now feel obligated to feed them morning and sometimes in the night. If I could have my way I'd get them all neutered and fed, but this is the way it is.
I want this to be the time of plenty for the cat's. I will wonder about their fate when we leave though.
I was going to make another post with family shots and everything, however I am at an Internet cafe with I'm not kidding 4 little boys hovering over my shoulder. Everybody knows everything in the village. The elders know my mum, as she's known as the local village girl who ''left for abroad''. Where as the young kids know of our family due to my brother infamous Wedding show appearances.. (shame)
''Oh...are you Atay's younger sister?...We saw him on TV''.
I'm beginning to think everyone in Turkey saw him in Turkey.
Okay that's it...for now. If I can muster the nerve to come to the cafe in a few days I will.



Can't you watch Turkish tv shows on the Turkish tv stations there? Or does Grandma not have a tv?
ReplyDeleteBoo anyway - lugging the laptop there and it hasn't even got everything you wanted on it.
Also... CATS. A SEA OF CATS. I wish there was some sort of mass way to make them all infertile. At least they're getting food for now (and maybe there are mice or something in the area for them to eat at other times?). Sadly, without a way to de-sex them, they'll just keep growing and growing in number if you were to keep them and feed them.
And lovely that your brother is famous. Hopefully people don't remember the part where he mentioned you on the show.
Grandma has an ancient tv that has reception for one channel and its black and white. I feel lazy watching the tv during the day whilst my cousins are out working in the fields, even though despite being on holiday I should show some interest and also help a little. At nights either we visit someone or they visit us, so I don't really have the time anyway. Only when I'm going to bed do I take the laptop upstairs with me and I watch a film or an episode of something.
ReplyDelete