I just figured I'd post some pictures of the food I'd been eating that's made me gain weight ( I guess technically any food can do that, if you eat and sit on your ass most days). I've also posted some photos from a couple of days ago, from when it snowed. I do love the snow, but sadly Converse Chuck Taylors just doesn't cut it, so I had to wear my grandma's rubber shoes (like gumboots..without the boot action going on) over my 'patiks' (which are wool woven socks). It was a classy look I have to tell you...
But first the food.
Eating at Mado with Tamara and Aya on Day 2 ( I had Almond Pudding)
Emine made "Gul Boregi" (Rose Borek). You roll the pastry around in a coil like those sultana snails? pastries...Man I'm forgetting all my English. But anyway 'Borek' is savoury, these had cheese and spinach.
My cousin's daughters birthday cake. I have to say cake in Turkish pisses all over any cake I've eve had in Australia. But granted its probably something I could (and should) do without.
This was day one dessert with Tamara and Aya. These cakes were so fresh...my god.
Grandma's front yard
Yeah lots and lots of snow.
The poor kitties were trying to drink water and I realised the water in the bucket had frozen. I filled another little container full of water.
Grandma has old couches in her yard (ehh...as old people do) This is where the cats curl up and stay warm.
These two, I call the "Twins". They are from the same litter...they were so cute.
And on a random note: I want one of these apartments. I probably have to lay down a couple of million dollars. This is in Nisantasi one of the posh suburbs of Istanbul. Tamara, Aya and I walked around in Nisantasi on the second night of my visit in Istanbul. Tamara was desperate to spot a celebrity (this suburb is where most tend to live and 'hang') But alas...no one...You can't plan these things I feel.
As a bonus I just realised this a few nights ago whilst watching the episode, these apartments were in the background in episode 68 of FGSN.
Yeah of course...I had to end it on that note.
+continued.jpg)
+the+trilogy.jpg)

+and+it+continues.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment